Monday, February 06, 2017

The List - January 2017

It's been 4 months or so since I revisited The List to take stock of the status of my game projects. Here's another update...

Published Games:
Terra Prime (BGG)
Eminent Domain (BGG)
Eminent Domain: Escalation (BGG) (expansion)
Eminent Domain: Exotica (BGG) (expansion)
Eminent Domain: Microcosm (BGG)
- Isle of Trains (BGG)
Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done (BGG) (Watch for this summer 2017)
- Isle of Trains: All Aboard (expansion)
Eminent Domain: Oblivion (expansion) (Watch for this late 2017)


Finished But Unpublished Games:
Exhibit (BGG link)
Eminent Domain: the Dice Game
Dice Works (BGG link)
Wizard's Tower (BGG link)
Now Boarding
Suburban Sprawl

Current Active Designs:
Deities and Demigods
The Pony Express
Odysseus: Winds of Fate (BGG)
Alter Ego (BGG link)
Moctezuma's Revenge

New Ideas that Haven't gone Anywhere (Yet)
Worker Replacement game
- Joan of Arc bag building game

Old Standbys - games which have been around, 1/2 done and untouched, for years:
8/7 Central
Hot & Fresh
Dynasty
Kilauea
Reading Railroad
All For One (BGG)

Old Ideas that Haven't gone Anywhere (Yet) - some of these have been getting stale as well:
Rondel Role Selection
Investigative/Tabloid Journalism
Red Colony
Clash of the Kingpins
Time = Money
Dating Game
Ticket Please
Scourge of the High Seas

Let's take a closer look at some of these:
Published games:
Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done (BGG)
Last update I announced that Crusaders is moving forward at TMG, with Adam McIver's awesome art and graphic design (and I shared the box cover recently). At this point pretty much all the art is done except for the rulebook, and once Adam finishes a few other high priority items, he'll get back to finishing this.
Isle of Trains: All Aboard (expansion)
The Kickstarter project for All Aboard was pushed back to the point where it conflicted with the holiday season, so we're still waiting to see that one pop up. I'm not sure what the schedule is, but as far as I know it's still going to happen.
Eminent Domain: Oblivion (expansion)
I'm moving Oblivion up to the "Published Games" category because over the last month or so, Brian Patterson has created all the tech card art, and Ariel Seoane has put together all the graphic design for the expansion, so while the game is not out yet, it's in the process of being published! Mischa has been working on getting foreign partners to co-publish the expansion, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's an Eminent Domain Big Box in the near future.

Current Active Designs:
Deities and Demigods
I have been playing and working on Deities & Demigods, tweaking and tightening things up. I even wrote a blog post about doing due diligence in testing player suggestions. I feel like the base game is very close to "done," but I still haven't tried the Hades expansion module.
Moctezuma's Revenge
After a nice chat at BGGcon, I brought on Jonathan Gilmore as a co-designer to revive Moctezuma's Revenge. In getting him the files for prototyping and discussing the game again, I got it to the table a couple of times myself, and I think made a bit of progress! Revisiting an old design now that I've got more experience was interesting. Unfortunately, Jonathan has run into some life stuff which has conflicted with his co-design efforts, so he won't be working on this game after all. Now that it's revived, there's a chance I'll get back to it myself, but I kind of doubt it since I have so many higher priorities to think about.

New Ideas that Haven't gone Anywhere (Yet)
Worker Replacement game
This is one of those "I have an idea for a mechanism, but not a game" types of things, like the Rondel Role Selection idea, and the Draft Row idea. For now I'm just recording it so that I can find it later, when I may actually get a chance to use it for something.
- Joan of Arc: Maid of Orleans bag building game
This is a high priority idea, and I think I have the game fairly well sketched out. I have even mad a first attempt at some prototype pieces. As soon as I'm done getting Harvest, Pioneer Days, Crusaders, and Oblivion ready for publication (so approx March 1) I intend to dive into this idea and create a bag building game with a Joan of Arc theme. More info on this to come!

No comments: