Thursday, May 01, 2008

Interview with Pandemic designer on Google Talks

Jim Cote made a blog post about Pandemic, of which he's a big fan. I don't dislike the game either, it seems to me to be the best cooperative game yet because it really seems to encourage teamwork better than other games of that type (Shadows over Camelot and Lord of the Rings being some of the big ones).

Jim linked to this Google Talk interview with the designer of Pandemic, which is 50 minutes long, and is really interesting. He talks about the design process he went through, some of his experiences talking with publishers about the game, and then answers questions about it. It was a very cool interview, and on top of that, it's neat to see board gaming addressed in a sort of "mainstream" forum such as Google Talk. Admittedly, the target audience of Google Talk may not be mainstream America, but rather techy or tech savvy people who get their news from the internet rather than TV and the newspaper... but as far as board gaming goes, this seems like a big step outward!

2 comments:

ekted said...

I was sad to such poor attendance for this talk. Some others that I've watched were standing room only.

Seth Jaffee said...

I was unaware of these types of things... I wonder where and when I'd have had to be in order to be in on it.

Someone asked one of the questions I would have asked - about the communication (fast forward to 4:15 or so on the video for the question).